Are you an Electronics Engineer who likes to work with testing? Do you put quality and "true to specification" first? So do we! Join us as our new Compliance and Test Engineer!
Are you our next Compliance and Test Engineer?
If you are looking for a challenging role within hardware testing and regulatory compliance, you might be our next Compliance and Test Engineer!
A high-quality level and “true to specification” are key for all Westermo products and fits well for you in your way of testing hardware. We strive for the best in class products and that influences everything we do in hardware development.
Our hardware compliance test team specify, plan and execute tests for Westermo products. The team have the responsibility to securing electrical compliance with regulatory requirements regarding EMC, LVD and RED directives but also compliance towards other environmental requirements. This includes contacts with international institutes for test and certification.
We are a part of the Hardware department, within R&D, where we and our colleagues design, test and quality assure our hardware products. In this role, you will be working close together with hardware designers, project managers and other colleagues primarily within R&D.
What you’ll be working with and be responsible for:
- Coordinate, support and execute compliance activities within EMC, Climatic, Mechanical, Safety and other Electrical tests.
- Coordinate and be the contact person towards external test and certification institutes.
- Drive competence area and assure implementation of new regulatory requirements
- Monitor regulatory changes
- Develop and continuously improve processes and test procedures
So, who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who has the interest, experience and knowledge of the certification process of electronics and appreciates working with high quality products! You are used to working independently with different types of type tests. Experience with industrial products, especially in tough environments are meritorious.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Ability to interpret and navigate in the ambiguity of technical standard both for certification but also in customer unique requirements
- Understanding of EU CE marking and similar processes
- Understand electrical safety concepts
- Knowledge of EMC/RF and Environmental requirements
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- A couple of years’ experience in an engineering regulatory compliance role
- Demonstrated experience taking products through certification processes
- Knowledge in Swedish, written and spoken
In order to fit in to the group, and to thrive in it, you need to be structured, organized and used to documenting your work. You are used to working in projects in close collaborations with other testers and designers. At Westermo, sharing is caring, and we love it when colleagues share their ideas, experiences and skills. If you do that too, this is the place for you!
In return, we offer:
You will be working at the forefront of technology in a friendly, open culture where you get the opportunity to learn from skilled colleagues every day. A mature and caring leadership in a flat organization. Through our collective agreement you will be covered in terms of insurance, pension and other benefits. We like to have fun together and we regularly enjoy sports and other social activities as a team. We believe that magic happens when people meet. We are a learning organization and we truly love to try new things, think outside the box and be innovative together!
- Location: Västerås
- Job type: Full time
- Employment contract: Permanent
Don’t miss out on this opportunity – apply today! We look forward to meeting you!
For further information please contact:
- Hiring Manager: Espen Mathisen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recruiter: Elin Sandell at email@example.com
Robust industrial data communications - Made easy
Welcome to a rapidly growing international company, thriving at the forefront of cutting-edge technology. Westermo develops and manufactures advanced devices for industrial data communication, used in mission critical installations and harsh industrial environments. The very robust and secure communication networks built with our products provide high value for our customers.
We are passionate about taking advantage of the growth opportunities in our market. The work environment is very dynamic. Our people are dedicated and loyal, which create a fantastic team spirit. Everyone is expected to take initiative and our flat organization creates efficiency and provides opportunities for those who are closest to the task of solving it. We are devoted to delivering the best industrial network solutions. At Westermo you will have a clear impact on the results of your area of responsibility.
Westermo is a leading supplier of Industrial Data Communications equipment to the World market. Sales are conducted through our own offices in key markets in Europe, North America, Australia and Asia, as well as through distributors and OEM customers worldwide. Development and manufacturing take place in Sweden, Ireland, Germany and Switzerland. Westermo was founded in 1975 and has today more than 450 employees with a turnover over 1000 MSEK. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Beijer Electronics AB, listed on the stock exchange.