Are you passionate about Sustainability and the Environment? Do you have electronical and/or chemical knowledge? Do you already have some knowledge, and want to learn more, about regulatory compliance? Join us as our next Component and Sustainability Compliance Engineer!
At the R&D Hardware Team, there is one Component Engineer currently working. As the Sustainability area is developing, and more and more demands are put on the electronics industry, Westermo is adding a second Component Engineer to the team, with a focus on Sustainability.
Are you our next Component and Sustainability Compliance Engineer?
If you are looking for a challenging role within component engineering and sustainable & regulatory product compliance, you might be our next component and sustainable compliance engineer!
You will be part of the R&D HW team, and your main responsibility will be to ensure that the correct components are selected for current as well as for new designs. You will handle and maintain our component database regarding life cycle, Last Time Buy (LTB) and Product Change Notifications (PCN) issues as well as sustainable product compliance towards EU- and other regulatory legislations. You will be a key player in our development projects, supporting with component information and sustainable product compliance.
Part of the role is to work with material declaration and reliability calculations and to keep our component database up to date. You will also be working closely with hardware designers, project managers, component suppliers, production and purchase department.
What you’ll be working with and be responsible for:
- Responsible for component database and component selection in projects.
- Handle LTB, PCN and second source requests.
- Responsible for compliance with RoHS, REACH (including SCIP reporting) and other product related sustainability regulations.
- Support to hardware development- and purchase department in component issues.
- Coordinate and be the contact person towards external institutes in material declaration, lifecycle analysis and reliability calculation activities.
- Monitor product related sustainability regulations and drive competence within the area and assure implementation of new regulatory requirements.
- Develop and improve internal processes.
- Support Sales Department regarding questions coming from customers.
So, who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and driven person that is passionate about component engineering and sustainability. Someone who has interest, experience and knowledge and is willing to gain knowledge about product related sustainability regulations and appreciates working with high quality products! You are used to working independently with different types of component issues. We want you to have a basic electronics background, however, we are open to different kinds of academic degrees.
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in electrical- or chemical engineering.
- Ability to read and gain competence within various product related sustainability regulations.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
We don’t expect you to have all the bullet points below, but a few.
- A couple of years’ experience in a Component- and/or ECO Design Engineering role.
- Basic knowledge in various EU- and worldwide ECO design regulations.
- Experience of electronic design and sustainable product compliance.
- Experience with industrial products, especially in tough environments.
- Knowledge in reliability calculations.
- Knowledge in Swedish, written and spoken.
In order to fit in to the group, and to thrive in it, you need to be structured, organized and used to documenting your work. You are used to working in projects in close collaborations with other colleagues. At Westermo, sharing is caring, and we love it when colleagues share their ideas, experiences and skills. If you do that too, this is the place for you!
In return, we offer: You will be working at the forefront of technology in a friendly, open culture where we you get the opportunity to learn from skilled colleagues every day. A mature and caring leadership in a flat organization. Through our collective bargain agreement, you will be covered in terms of insurance, pension and other benefits. We like to have fun together and we regularly enjoy sports and other social activities as a team. We believe that magic happens when people meet. We are a learning organization, and we truly love to try new things, think outside the box and be innovative together!
- Location: Västerås
- Job type: Full time
- Employment contract: Permanent
- Starting Date: End of Q2 2024, at the latest.
For further information please contact:
Hiring Manager: Espen Mathisen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruiter: Elin Sandell at email@example.com
Welcome to a rapidly growing international company, thriving at the forefront of cutting edge technology. Westermo develops and manufactures advanced devices for industrial data communication, used in mission-critical installations and harsh industrial environments. The very robust and secure communication networks built with our products provide a high value for our customers.
We are focused on leveraging growth opportunities in our market and are devoted to delivering the world's best industrial networks. This is achieved through a very dynamic work environment where teamwork and loyalty are valued. Strong and honest relationships with colleagues, customers, and suppliers are important to us. We have an open culture where we share knowledge, learn from one another and explore new ideas, allowing us to constantly improve.
Westermo is a leading provider of Industrial Data Communications equipment to the global market. Sales are conducted through our own offices in key markets in Europe, North America, Australia and Asia, as well as through distributors and OEM customers worldwide. Development and manufacturing take place in Sweden, Ireland, Germany and Switzerland. Westermo was founded in 1975 and today has over 480 employees with a turnover of around 1 Billion SEK. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ependion, listed on the Nasdaq OMX Nordic stock exchange.