Do you like to be in the center of events? Do you like to work close to production? Join us as a Production Planner!
Westermo is on a journey to become a World Class Factory. We have been, and are continuing to develop and implement new ways of working. The Logistics and Distribution team is now offering an opportunity for a well coordinated and communicative person to join us as a Production Planner to the factory in Stora Sundby.
Are you our new Production Planner?
In order for the factory to be productive and efficient, the right material needs to be at the right place at the right time. In a nutshell, this is what the production planners are responsible for. As a Planner at Westermo, you have a dynamic role that requires great communication and problem solving skills. You will be collaborating with the manufacturing teams, Purchasing, Order administration and many more.
You will mainly be working on daily and weekly production plans for Operations.
Some examples of your tasks:
- Maintain Master Schedule & MRP/IPR according to Westermo Production System guidelines.
- Establish monthly/weekly production plans for Operations.
- Plan production through bottlenecks (internal & sub suppliers) – Constraints Planning & adjustments.
- Evaluate the customer and internal engineering demand on a monthly/weekly basis
- Follow-up on yield, scrap rate, other manufacturing non-conformity levels, as well as all other relevant manufacturing metrics.
- Follow-up and handle deviations in the production schedule e.g., not finished orders and On Time Delivery
- Follow-up, introduce new process times for products and prototypes.
- Coordinate the change order process (Engineering change Orders on products)
- Work closely with internal logistics and procurement to ensure material availability
- Produce, communicate, and adjust (if need be) a balanced production plan
- Be an active player in the Sales and Operational Planning (S&OP) process, long term Planning .
- Be an active player in the Westermo Planning forum, tactical – short term Planning
So, who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with some experience in production planning, and who enjoys the fast-pace that a factory provides. Someone who enjoys analyzing problems, and sees the solutions. Communication is key, and you need to be fluent in both Swedish and English, comfortable in both written and spoken communication.
- Business system knowledge (A bonus if you are used to working in IFS)
- Strong MRP knowledge and experience in multi-level production planning
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong in problem analyzing and problem solving
- Good communication skills to be able to interface with stakeholders
In return, we offer: You will be working at the forefront of technology in a friendly, open culture where we you get the opportunity to learn from skilled colleagues every day. A mature and caring leadership in a flat organization. Through our collective bargain agreement you will be covered in terms of insurance, pension and other benefits. We like to have fun together and we regularly enjoy sports and other social activities as a team. We believe that magic happens when people meet. We are a learning organization and we truly love to try new things, think outside the box and be innovative together!
- Location: Stora Sundby (~20 minutes from Eskilstuna and Arboga, ~45 min from Västerås)
- Job type: Full time
- Employment contract: Permanent
Don’t miss out on this opportunity – apply today. For further information please contact:
Recruiting Manager: Claudio Musazzi; firstname.lastname@example.org or Recruiter Elin Sandell; email@example.com
Welcome to a rapidly growing international company, thriving at the forefront of cutting edge technology. Westermo develops and manufactures advanced devices for industrial data communication, used in mission critical installations and harsh industrial environments. The very robust and secure communication networks built with our products provide a high value for our customers.
We are passionate about taking advantage of the growth opportunities in our market. The work environment is very dynamic with great loyalty and team spirit. It is expected to take initiative and our flat organization creates efficiency and provides the opportunity for those who are closest to the task of solving it.
Westermo is a leading supplier of Industrial Data Communications equipment to the World market. Sales are conducted through our own offices in key markets in Europe, North America, Australia and Asia, as well as through distributors and OEM customers worldwide. Development and manufacturing take place in Sweden, Ireland, Germany and Switzerland. Westermo was founded in 1975 and has today more than 480 employees with a turnover around 1000 MSEK. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Beijer Electronics AB, listed on the stock exchange.