Are you ready to drive a change that truly matters? Can you develop and implement initiatives and projects intended to make a real and positive impact? We are looking for a passionate Sustainability Specialist in the beginning of their career, who can lead the way to an even more sustainable future!
At Westermo, we have a plan. In that plan, we have set goals and our way to get there. One of our identified success factors to reach our goals is to become more sustainable. We all need to work on this topic, and we want you to help us. We are introducing a new role in our company; Group Sustainability Specialist. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to grow into a true specialist, a great opportunity for someone in the beginning of their career in Sustainability, with lots of drive and ideas they want to see come to life!
Are you our new Group Sustainability Specialist?
In this role, you will be given the opportunity and task to engage and motivate our decentralized organization towards more sustainable behaviors, and your work will enable Westermo to become a long term industry leader by being committed and passionate about sustainability.
As this is a new role, you will be given the chance to shape the way we work with sustainability. We are working with the topic in different ways, in different departments, but the Group Sustainability Specialist will be working as a catalyst and coordinator of the area.
As our Group Sustainability Specialist, you will play a significant role in managing and driving the sustainability focus throughout Westermo Group. You will contribute to the development and implementation of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) program and external positioning of Westermo. The role is a driving force to set the agenda and further develop our commitment to sustainability regarding climate, environment, social and economic goals.
You will have the responsibility for driving, implementing, and measuring our sustainability strategy and roadmap, including engaging with senior managers as well as employees throughout the organization to ensure high level of engagement and activity on actions and projects. You will be the owner of the global sustainability strategy and you will also interact with several important external partners.
Your tasks will include:
- In close collaboration with our management team define the ESG program for Westermo Group, including strategy, roadmap and KPIs
- Be an operational advisor and driving force on ESG matters and ensure that the ESG agenda is incorporated in the day-to-day business
- Coordinating and owning the collection of ESG-related data and conducting internal analysis to drive awareness and change together with the business, for example for carbon footprint, energy consumption, waste reduction and recycling rates and social impact
- Produce internal and external communication material and develop training material
- Support in supplier qualification audits and well as product life cycle assessments
As you grow into the role, you will also:
- Become the expert on relevant sustainability standards and regulation (e.g. GHG, ISO, GRI, EU Taxonomy, REACH, RoHS etc) and be the interpreter for how to apply the standards into our business
- Take lead in the annual ESG reporting and coordinate with all other internal functions
- Lead, coach and develop ESG related ideas and follow up on ESG related continuous improvements
So, who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with a true passion and curiosity about sustainability. You have knowledge in the area and some experience in one or more areas within sustainability. You are motivated by seeing change happening and courage to speak up and challenge old ideas and ways of working. You see Sustainability as something that belongs in every corner of an organization, and believe that with a quality focus, ownership and teamwork, changes can be made.
- Academic Degree, preferably within Sustainability and Engineering
- Some working experience (approx. 2 years), ideally from corporate sustainability, and preferably from the industrial area
- Strong interest and knowledge in Sustainability; understanding EU and Swedish ESG and climate regulatory landscape
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to tackle complex issues in a structured and logical way
- Good Project Management skills with a hands-on approach and enjoy working cross-functionally to achieve common goals. Business minded with strong focus on result
- Good communication skills; communicating professionally in business Swedish and business English, write reports, read standards, hold presentations for external visitors, write business correspondence and arrange trainings
In return, we offer: You will be working at the forefront of technology in a friendly, open culture where we you get the opportunity to learn from skilled colleagues every day. A mature and caring leadership in a flat organization. Through our collective bargain agreement you will be covered in terms of insurance, pension and other benefits. We like to have fun together and we regularly enjoy sports and other social activities as a team. We believe that magic happens when people meet. We are a learning organization and we truly love to try new things, think outside the box and be innovative together!
- Location: Kopparlunden, Västerås
- Job type: Full time
- Employment contract: Regular
- Reporting to Vice President HR & Sustainability, Linda Kärreby
Don’t miss out on this opportunity – apply today (but no later than Dec 15th, 2022). For further information please contact:
Recruiting Manager Linda Kärreby; email@example.com Elin Sandell, Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to a rapidly growing international company, thriving at the forefront of cutting edge technology. Westermo develops and manufactures advanced devices for industrial data communication, used in mission-critical installations and harsh industrial environments. The very robust and secure communication networks built with our products provide a high value for our customers.
We are focused on leveraging growth opportunities in our market and are devoted to delivering the world's best industrial networks. This is achieved through a very dynamic work environment where teamwork and loyalty are valued. Strong and honest relationships with colleagues, customers, and suppliers are important to us. We have an open culture where we share knowledge, learn from one another and explore new ideas, allowing us to constantly improve.
Westermo is a leading provider of Industrial Data Communications equipment to the global market. Sales are conducted through our own offices in key markets in Europe, North America, Australia and Asia, as well as through distributors and OEM customers worldwide. Development and manufacturing take place in Sweden, Ireland, Germany and Switzerland. Westermo was founded in 1975 and today has over 380 employees with a turnover of around 830 MSEK. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Beijer Electronics Group AB, listed on the Nasdaq OMX Nordic stock exchange.