Welcome to a rapidly growing international company, thriving at the forefront of cutting edge technology. Westermo develops and manufactures advanced devices for industrial data communication, used in mission-critical installations and harsh industrial environments. The very robust and secure communication networks built with our products provide a high value for our customers.
We are focused on leveraging growth opportunities in our market and are devoted to delivering the world's best industrial networks. This is achieved through a very dynamic work environment where teamwork and loyalty are valued. Strong and honest relationships with colleagues, customers, and suppliers are important to us. We have an open culture where we share knowledge, learn from one another and explore new ideas, allowing us to constantly improve.
The Westermo Financial team is looking to grow, and we are now looking for a new Business Controller! Do you like to work with financial reports, performance and analysis in a global environment- then here’s your chance to thrive and grow!
Are you our new Business Controller?
The Business Controller position is key in Westermo Group and an important role for the organisation. The role is new and is a result of a fast growing Group and the position is critical in order to support our global sales units as well as operational units. The position is part of the Finance team. The Business Controller position is located in Westermo head office in Västerås. The Business Controller reports to the Finance Manager in Westermo Network Technologies AB and is an active member of the finance team consisting of 6 finance professionals. The Finance team is a highly competent, supportive and flexible team, who continues to challenge and develop the organisation in many different ways.
The position is a central role coordinating financial matters and interfaces with other parts of Westermo Group like Operations, Product Management, R&D as well as Sales. The position will also interact and coordinate closing and reporting matters with our owner; Beijer Group. The Business Controller will also coordinate accounting and financial matters with other subsidiaries globally within Westermo Group.
What you’ll be working with and be responsible for:
As a Business Controller, you will be responsible for supporting the global sales units from a financial perspective in terms of overseeing the reporting, financial performance and financial analysis. You will also responsible for global sales units monthly closing activities including reporting to Group consolidation. in this position, you will have a central role in the annual planning and budgeting process.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a driven person with some business controlling experience to join a future oriented and sustainable growing business. The tasks include more in detail:
- Develop business relationship with Global Sales Units Managers and act as Finance partner
- Drive global sales units monthly financial closing process ensuring accurate financial results and requirements are complete within corporate timelines
- Analyze financial performance and propose actions to improve profitability as well as working capital management
- Upload monthly financial information to the Corporate system and reconcile Trial Balances to the consolidated reports
- Support the preparation of the annual budget and upload of all budget information into the corporate system
- Work with Business Controllers with any other duties/projects as assigned
- Part of team responsible for the monthly closing and reporting of the financial result including the creation of monthly reports following a standard format shared with Westermo Group management
- Prepare material including necessary ad-hoc analysis used during monthly review meetings with Westermo Group Management
- Support a good internal control environment in order to protect Westermo Group assets and to make sure that financial reporting and accounting matters are in accordance with Group Financial policies and local statutory accounting practice
So, who are we looking for?
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience (1-3 years) of related business controlling, preferably from an international company
- Strong proficiency with office productivity applications (Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Experience with IFS and AARO system
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Great organizational skills and attention to details
- Work requires effective oral and written communications skills in Swedish and English as well as a strong analytical ability
- Share our central values like high quality standards, honesty and business integrity
Location: Kopparlunden, Västerås
Job type: Full time
Employment contract: Permanent
Expected start date: As agreed, preferably Q4 2022
Don’t miss out on this opportunity – apply today. For further information please contact:
Recruiting Manager Anna Kronlöf; anna.kronlöf@westermo.com or Recruiter Elin Sandell; email@example.com
Robust industrial data communications.
Westermo is a leading provider of Industrial Data Communications equipment to the global market. Sales are conducted through our own offices in key markets in Europe, North America, Australia and Asia, as well as through distributors and OEM customers worldwide. Development and manufacturing take place in Sweden, Ireland, Germany and Switzerland. Westermo was founded in 1975 and today has over 380 employees with a turnover of around 830 MSEK. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Beijer Electronics Group AB, listed on the Nasdaq OMX Nordic stock exchange.